Monday, February 7, 2011

Bean Up Those Burgers!

So, I really only use ground turkey at home. It's cheaper (and leaner) than ground beef because I can get it at Sam's in 5 pound packages. When making burgers, I always feel like they get tough and dry. I can't remember where I heard it, but I added black beans to our burgers tonight. The result was delicious! No one complained (Bryan even had a 2nd one!) or hardly noticed for that matter!

All I did was drain and rinse a can of black beans. You can then mash them, but I ran them through the food processor (adding a little water as needed) so that they were better "hidden". I would suggest using about half of a can per pound of ground meat. I did use the entire can, but I always forget the "you can always add more, but you can't take away" rule. They were still good with the entire can, but you definitely lose the "beefy" texture.

I seasoned as I normally do with 1 T worchestershire, 1 1/2 t seasoned salt, and 1/2 t pepper.

No comments: