Sunday, August 5, 2007

Monkey Bread

I'm headed back to the homeland on Tuesday! So, there won't be much from me this week. I did make breakfast this morning though. We usually have some type of "cooked" breakfast on Sundays, but we didn't have any cinnamon rolls and I didn't feel like eggs, so I modified a very not healthy recipe for monkey bread. Now, it's still not all that healthy, but it's better. Kinda.

Monkey Bread

2 tubes biscuits (just the cheap ones, 10 to a tube)
1/4 c sugar
1 t cinnamon
1/2 stick margarine or butter, melted
1/4 c brown sugar

Heat oven to 350. Spray a glass baking dish with nonstick spray. I used a round deep Pyrex bowl. The original recipe calls for it to be done in a bundt pan...so have at it if you'd like!

Cut biscuits into quarters. Mix cinnamon and sugar. Coat biscuits in cinnamon/sugar mixture and put into baking dish. Mix butter and brown sugar. Pour over biscuits. Bake 30 minutes.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

c-go says monkey bread is one of my favoritest recipes EVER. My mom used to make it for the kids in Sunday School a lot and they loved it. Finally she would just make cinnamon biscuits so she didn't have to cut them up into quarters. But it's not the same :)

(I need to figure out how to change the sweetcmg21 display)

Anonymous said...

I love to make monkey bread for gatherings! Know what makes it even better? Put a tbsp. of cream cheese inside each piece of biscuit dough - HEAVENLY!