Monday, June 4, 2007

Baking Mix Chicken Nuggets

Ok, this is a favorite recipe of mine that was given to me at my Pampered Chef bridal shower by my cousin. I'll post it as she gave it to me with my modifications in parenthesis. I tend to forget about it, but since I can only get Nicky to eat his chicken "fried", I'm sure I'll start to use it more often.

Serves 3-4

1 - 5.5 oz package of All Purpose baking mix
1 stick butter (1/2 stick)
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt (powder, I don't keep garlic salt on hand)
1 lb chicken breasts, cubed

Preheat oven to 425. Place butter in glass baking dish and melt in oven while it is preheating. Mix baking mix and seasonings in a zippered plastic bag. Add chicken and shake until well coated. Place in baking dish on top of melted butter. Bake for 15 minutes. Flip and bake until golden brown.

We'll be having this with the leftover scalloped potatoes from the other night and green beans. I'll update how the nuggets go over with Nicky...since I know that he'll eat the potatoes and cry when he sees the green beans.

Update: Nicky was hungry before dinner was even ready. So, he got a turkey dog. We did give him some chicken, potatoes, and green beans, but he was only about the turkey dog. I did manage a couple of slivers of green beans in there with those bites. He did eat a container of banana/grape/plum, so I don't feel so bad.

Tomorrow night: Ham and Cheese Crescent Rolls (a Kim creation)

5 comments:

Gail said...

This is awesome too if you use Old Bay seasoning and whole pieces of chicken. Yum. You cook it for 35 min skin side down and then 15 min skin side up. It tastes just like real fried chicken.

Welcome to the world of blogging ;)

Julie said...

Hey Kim, how bout some WW points when available? You are going to be my inspiration to start cooking again...

Kim said...

I sure can Julie! We'll see how much motivation I really am these days.

emily said...

Is all purpose baking mix the same as Bisquick?

Kim said...

Yes Emily, same thing. I used low fat Pioneer brand with mine b/c that's what we keep on hand for pancake purposes!