Monday, June 18, 2007

"Nacho" Ordinary Burgers

This is one of my favorite burger recipes. I adapted Rachael Ray's Turkey Nacho Burgers to fit what I have on hand all the time. I served them on light buns with lettuce and tomatoes and Alexia salt and pepper crinkle fries and corn. Surprisingly, Nicky liked the burger! I didn't expect him to since it's a little spicy. He wouldn't touch the mac and cheese I made for him, so I offered some of the burger. He gobbled it right up!

Note that I shred my cheese instead of cubing. I find that when you cube it, most of it melts out of the meat when you cook the patties. When you shred the cheese, you don't lose as much.

Nacho Ordinary Burgers
Serves 4

1 lb ground sirloin
4 oz shredded pepper jack cheese
2 teaspoons dried cilantro
2 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
2 1/2 teaspoons cumin
2 1/2 teaspoons grill seasoning
1 grated shallot

Combine ingredients and form into 4 patties. Heat just enough olive oil to cover the bottom of your skillet over medium-high heat. Cook patties 6 minutes on each side, or until done to your liking.

WW points: 5 per patty

1 comment:

Leslie said...

These sound great. Wonder if they're as good on the grill.