Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Ham and Cheese Crescent Rolls

This is one that I threw together based on what was in the fridge and what would go bad while we are on vacation. It was a hit for all, even the picky Nicky. They reminded me a bit of Hot Pockets, but better and tastier. I served them with mashed potatoes, peas, and green beans...of which Nicky ate none...he had applesauce instead.

Serves 2-3

1 pkg reduced fat crescent rolls
6 slices deli ham
2 slices ff american cheese

Preheat oven to 375. Unroll crescent rolls and separate into 4 rectangles...each made up of 2 crescent rolls. Pinch along dividing line of crescent rolls. Place 1 1/2 slices of ham and 1/2 slice of cheese in middle of crescent roll. Roll up and pinch ends closed. Place on baking sheet, seam side down. Bake 11-13 minutes or until golden brown.

WW Points: 5 per roll

I also want to pay homage to my favorite peanut butter...Peanut Butter & Company. My favorite is the cinnamon raisin swirl. When my hubby and I visited NYC, we went to the sandwich shop. Oh my heavens...I enjoyed my crunch time pb with cream cheese and chocolate chips on wheat bread more than I should have!

I also want to add that I talked with my mom this morning. They will be watching Nicky while we are on vacation. She asked what veggies Nicky ate. I just laughed. She said that he will eat them while he's with them. We shall see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These were delicious! Dave really enjoyed them as well. I served them w/oven baked fries and salad. It was a hit! :)