Thursday, June 28, 2007

Caramelized Beef Skewers and Tuscan Pasta Salad

Ok, for those that don't know, Kraft has a free magazine you can get at home. Sure, some of the recipes are really, really uh, duh, but there are others that catch my eye. So, sign up if you don't already get it! The first recipe comes from there. The recipe makes a ton of sauce, so after basting, I threw it in the microwave until it boiled to kill any germs and served it with the beef. It was darn good, but I wasn't very careful when choosing my steaks. A few of them had a lot of fat in the middle which made the meat tough. So, lesson learned there.

Caramelized Beef Skewers

Then, this is a recipe that the hubby picked up at Sam's Club. I don't get what's so Tuscan about it except the Italian dressing. I'm typing it here with the substitutions I made. Nicky loved this stuff.

Tuscan Pasta Salad
Serves 6-8

1/2 box rotini, prepared according to directions
2 regular tomatoes, chopped
1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 red onion, chopped
1/2 cup FF Zesty Italian dressing
3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Throw it all in a bowl and stir.

1 comment:

Kimberly Lloyd said...

I completely agree with everything you say about the Kraft magazine. I signed up just to get the coupons but some of the not-duh recipes are good inspirations.