Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Sloppy Cubanos

Yet another RR. This was super good. I halved the recipe, but still used the full cup of chicken broth and tomato sauce (accidentally forgot to half them) and ended up having to thicken it up with cornstarch. But, this made it super saucy and more sloppy...which we loved!! I also use provolone cheese since we are not swiss eaters.

I also didn't have allspice and wasn't going to spend the money on it for one recipe, so I just used a bit of cinnamon and nutmeg, which was perfect. It gave it the right amount of "hmmm, what is that in the background?" Hee hee!

Sloppy Cubanos

PS. I won't be baking anytime soon. It seems our oven is setting off our carbon monoxide monitor when I bake all of a sudden, so we must get that looked at before I attempt the corn bacon muffins.

PPS. Never, ever look at the ingredient list for chorizo. It may make you gag. I had to really think about how good it tastes to forget what I saw.

No comments: